The role of an Audit Staff is to carry out routine substantive and controls-based procedures from the GDS India offices supporting the various Global client-serving assurance teams mostly based in the Americas & European countries. Key expectations for this role are to provide high-quality results to the engagement teams, often to a tight deadline.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Be responsible for delivering the highest quality on every task assigned in line with EY Global review methodology and the expectations of Global engagement teams.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of an industry or sector and be aware of technical issues or assurance risks.
- Execute & document specific review procedures as defined by the engagement teams.
- Build knowledge about risk management which includes understanding significant business processes, the regulation applicable to the client, other risks specific to a client's business.
- Timely identification of accounting issues, clearly documenting the facts and findings, and discussion with GDS senior/Assistant Manager.
- Work with the GDS senior and global team members to set goals and responsibilities.
- Interact with the global engagement team on a regular basis and develop a productive working relationship with them.
- Contribute ideas for improvement by comparing the efficiency of review procedures performed across different clients.
- Contributes to a positive team environment by demonstrating consistent commitment and optimism towards work challenges.
- Promote EY's ethical and professional standards, including data confidentiality.
- Develop knowledge of the use of EY technology and tools to continually learn, share knowledge with team members, and enhance service delivery.
- BS Accountancy (CPA/Non CPA)