The Senior Merchandising Supervisor - Merchandise Category & Planning is responsible for planning solutions and business analytics that will drive category performance and growth. He/ she is proactive and strategic in influencing SBU merchandising in Pre-buy Planning, Inventory Management, and Channel Management. He/ she provides actionable reporting and insightful commercial analysis focused on growing category business, driving gross profit and capturing customer demand.
- Category Analysis and Strategies
- Establish trends, seasonal impacts, cannibalization and areas for growth unique to the category's business
- Produces insightful analysis for the team and wider business to help dictate strategy going forward
- Works with Corporate planning in cascading category-specific trend reports, and market and customer insights.
- Establishes best case practices for a category with a focus on validating cost to fill and improving buying assumptions.
Pre Buy Planning:
- Compile and review post-season analysis of all brands under an assigned category to understand changing nature of the business and commercial environment. Based on the post-evaluation, he/she ensures that category growth potentials and missed opportunities are considered in the Buy plan.
- Reviews and approves OTB considering the current trading position and future business goals for category and brands within it
- Formulates category-specific Pre Buy Guidelines to drive buying assumptions of SBU Merchandising.
Monitoring and Control:
- Monitor OTB and purchases for your category, assessing and recommending improvements to product mix to maximize sales, gross margin and inventory turn
- Monitor and establish patterns in pricing performance, margins and effect of promotions and discounts for category
- Monitor channel performance for the category and recommend appropriate actions to grow category or brand
- Validate and vet store tiering for category
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Economics, Math, Engineering or any related course
- At least 5 years experience in Demand Planning or Merchandising. Experience in Multi-brand Retail is an advantage
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, experience in Demand Planning / Inventory Management systems is an advantage