The Job supports Account Managers in on-boarding Customers to Shell and delivering all relevant changes to the customer agreement throughout the contract life-cycle, which includes looking after elements of pricing, contract set up, amendment and management process. Primary responsibility is to provide support to the Sales Organization in developing a variety contracts for B2C, B2B, Key Accounts, Retail and Distributor across NA Global Commercial. Contract's also supports the Finance Organization by maintaining and providing accurate financial data to be used in compliance audits. Contract's plays a key role in ensuring investment deal assets are accurately booked and depreciated correctly on the ledger.
This role may focus on some or all of the accountabilities below, depending on operational requirements. Businesses serviced include but are not limited to: Global Commercial, Commercial Fleet and Retail. These activities cover all Customer levels including Key Accounts and Platinum Customers.
1. Contract Management:
- Work with Account Managers to provide pre-offer, offer and contract management support for standard and non-standard contract set up and maintenance, in compliance with the Play Book
- Execute contract legal and fiscal requirements, working with local legal and finance focals
- Follow-up directly with customers on missing contract documentation
- Ensure contracts are signed and stored in line with local country requirements
- Review contract performance as part of SCM process
- Own contract documentation archiving and termination of customer contracts
- Support preparing for tender bids
- Advise on offer and contract, prepare non-standard contacts/ensure adherence to MOA, and monitor life cycle
- Review contracts from a Business Offer Perspective & Costs to Serve
- Write contractual language ( working with legal), analyze & report on sales contract management trends, identify leakage and articulate complex organizational approvals to ensure alignment
- Develop partnership with stakeholders, facilitate meetings with cross-functional teams, understand business trends/customer needs and deliver presentations to multi-level audiences (utilizing strong verbal and written skills). Demonstrate Sales 1st & Customer 1st focus and mind-set.
- Calculate buyout and shortfall rates and have an advanced understanding of financial ratios.
- Must have an understanding of depreciation in order to modify existing assets as required to ensure accurate book values.
- Monitor business deal, risk elements and create assets that are consistent with current contracts.
- Initiate vendor setup in the system, process bill back entries and meet SLA
- Process investment deals code accounts payable form within GSAP with high level of accuracy
- Set up and maintain end to end pricing data, including confirming pricing, managing price increases and changes, implementing rebates and charge backs, investment deals, invoice accuracy, and resolving pricing related errors and disputes.
3. Master Data Set Up & Amend:
- Maintain Sales Hierarchy, contract registers and banding adherence
- Set up and amend Customer master data
- Act as Resolution Owner for Master Data Disputes. Liaise with key interface, business partners and/or Customers to resolve them and perform invoice adjustment (in consultation with line manager and within the authorisations as applicable)
- Process manual vouchers received from Retailers during offline card transactions
- Product Lifecycle Data Management: maintain inclusions, exclusions and listings of products in support of PLM and Customer specific requirements
4. Data Integrity Management:
- Maintain master data integrity. Review DQS reports, correct any data errors and track performance against SLA
- Ensure contracts are maintained in appropriate repository (i.e., CICAF).
- Ensure Sales Contract Management(SCM) KPI’s are reviewed and met using Global SCM KPI reporting
5. Touchless Setup:
- Act as a touchless setup lead in system-to-system setup with new customers. Work with Customer IT teams to resolve issues and manage internal processes.
- Bachelor degree preferred (Business related major) or equivalent experience
- Previous experience in Customer service or operations
- Experience in Microsoft Office; GSAP experience preferred
- Possess a strong Customer service ethic and ability to understand, meet and champion the Customer’s needs, while staying within the policies and procedures of Shell
- Able to demonstrate a continuous improvement mind-set
- Demonstrated communication and relationship building skills
- Demonstrate a willingness to be coached, showing an openness to feedback and performance improvement opportunities
- Legal, Contract, Finance experience or comparable work experience/education.
- Ability to access and interpret data, providing summarized & concise/articulate analysis -leverage analytical capability for operational issues as well as ad hoc analysis. Capability for specific issues. Present findings to customers and stakeholders in a user-friendly format.