Purpose & Accountabilities
Employee Expenditure (EE) operates a Global Travel & Expense process via Concur Expense Management system (EMS). The role holder is responsible for executing all financial aspects of employee expenditure by means of the financial systems and the Travel & Expense controls framework.
- Monitor all inbound and outbound files via Concur to the partner accounting systems, identifying and escalating any errors to achieve timely resolution.
- Monthly completion of bank statements and General Ledger reconciliations, adopting a right first time approach with minimal error. The role holder must ensure that there are no aged items on the balance sheet accounts.
- Responsible for ensuring all expenditure related to Vendor Specific Procurement Card is coded to the correct cost centre and all administration is completed within the allotted timescales. This process is in the midst of changing to a new bank product, Virtual Card Account (VCA). The role holder will be expected to support the project to ensure a smooth transition.
- Work closely with various contacts within the business and bank for prompt issue resolution and to ensure that the necessary focal points are aware of any issues.
- Work in partnership with the wider Travel & Expense operational teams to ensure full end to end knowledge of the various processes and in particular, those which impact the finance team processes.
- Adherence to the controls pertaining to the finance team on the Travel & Expense controls framework.
- Initiate ideas and challenge ways of working to continuously improve the current process.
Skills & requirement
- Qualified/and or experienced finance specialist, with significant related experience.
- Excellent analytical skills; innovative and flexible with proven ability to prioritise and take ownership of issues and effect sustainable change.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills - ability to influence and contribute at a senior Global level and across multiple stakeholders/partners, internally and externally.
- Knowledge of SAP ERP Systems.
- Knowledge of Concur Expense Management system preferable although in depth training will be provided
- Resilient personality with proven focus and determination.