Commonwealth Scholarships - Indigenous Access Scholarships, a one off scholarship payment, to assist Indigenous students to undertake either an eligible enabling course or an undergraduate course (Indigenous Access).
Basic eligibility requirements
- Be an Australian citizen
- Be an Indigenous person
- Meet the low socio-economic status criterion. Students must be able to substantiate claims of financial hardship. One of the ways that you can verify financial disadvantage is by showing that you are in receipt of a means tested Centrelink Benefit (e.g. Youth Allowance, Austudy, Abstudy), and/or a Health Care Card. Not all Centrelink benefits are means tested.
- Be enrolled in or undertaking a course of study (for the purposes of cross-institutional studies) with an eligible scholarship provider as a commonwealth supported student in an undergraduate course not limited to areas of National Priority) or a graduate diploma (or equivalent post graduate course of study) in an area of National Priority required for initial registration to practice in the chosen National Priority.
- Meet the full-time student requirements. * Students must be enrolled as a full-time student for the duration of the scholarship period to be eligible (minimum 75% load or minimum 13.5 units for the half year). There are two scholarship periods for Commonwealth Scholarship:
- From 1 January to 30 June, and
- 1 July to 31 December.
Some students may be deemed full-time in exceptional circumstances (e.g. students with a disability or significant carer responsibilities).
Students are not eligible if they:
- Are a permanent resident
- Are full-fee paying students
- Are enrolled part-time* (unless there are exceptional circumstances which prevent the student from studying full-time, for example, students who have a disability or significant carer responsibilities),
- Hold a bachelor degree or higher level award unless each such award is a prerequisite to their current undergraduate course of study
- Are already in receipt of the specific scholarship for which they are applying
- Are in receipt of a UniSA Study Grant
- Are in receipt of the Relocation scholarship from Centrelink